Find answers to the most asked questions about the upcoming Youth Congress.
If you don't see an answer you need, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 269-471-8380.
1. Who can go to this event?
Youth and Young Adults from the Lake Union Area, ages 16-35. The event is ministry oriented to equip and resource the youth desiring to not just know God but live for God.
2. How much will it cost me?
This event offers four packages.
The registration fee includes your full event attendance and all delegate materials, two-nights lodging, three Sabbath meals, Sunday breakfast, and lunch to go. The final cost depends on the room you chose.
The following room options are available:
- $195.00 per person for groups of 4: The group will be assigned to one of the 74 rooms with 1 king bed + 1 queen bed, and then to one of the 29 rooms with 1 queen bed + 1 queen bed. This option is only available until February 7, 2022, or until these rooms are full.
- $210.00 per person for groups of 3: The group will be assigned to one of the 40 rooms with 1 king bed + 1 sleeper sofa. This option is only available until February 7, 2022, or until these rooms are full.
- $250.00 per person for 2 people: They will be assigned to one room with two separate king or queen beds.
- $365.00 per person: Only 1 person will be assigned to one room with a king or queen bed.
To guarantee your place, please register ASAP. Register online. The Center for Youth Evangelism will process registrations for this event through February 7, 2022. All major credit cards accepted.
3. How can I represent my local church as a delegate?
Starting in October 2021, we have been calling every pastor in the Lake Union field and invited them to send delegates representing their local church. Get in contact with your local pastor and the church board and ask them if the local church can sponsor you as a delegate.
4. Where is this event taking place?
The 2022 Lake Union Conference Youth Evangelism Congress will be held at the Blue Gate Garden Inn, 800 S Van Buren St, Shipshewana, IN 46565.
5. I am planning on going but I don't have a place to stay, where can I stay?
Arrangements for lodging have been made for all delegates. This will be at the Blue Gate Garden Inn, IN. See the above price packages and plan to register early to access the lowest delegate rates.
6. For young delegates and leaders in Indiana, can they commute?
This Congress has been strategically designed for the young delegates to connect, network and build community together in a retreat setting. The goal is for young delegates and church leadership to bond and establish deep and intimate relationships by coming and staying together at the hotel. So, we're encouraging everyone to 'come away for awhile' and take time to build a community together.
7. What will I be doing the entire weekend?
The weekend will be headlined by 10 dynamic and practical Youth Evangelism Leaders who are, in their immediate church and/or sphere of influence, engaging in evangelism whose principles can be implemented to applications in your local context. You will be surrounded by young minds fired up to move Youth Ministry forward in practical ways. You will be involved in a weekend of historic proportions!
8. Who will be the speakers?
The speakers for the Youth Congress will be posted on our Congress Website along with their ministry emphasis.
9. Why should I go?
God is calling "the youth to be thinkers, and not mere reflectors" (Education, 17). He desires for you to think and shine in your place in the world.
As a Union, we are dedicated to providing all the training and resources needed to allow for this to happen in the lives of all, especially our Youth and Young Adults.
Why should you go? Because God is almighty, and he really wants to teach us that faith is not about merely repetitions, but creativity. He who is “able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think” (Eph. 3:20) is calling you to be UNSTOPPABLE in Christ, taking advantage of the creative ideas and resources that will be shared in this Congress.
10. When and where can I register?
DO IT NOW! Register online
11. How do I get there?
Are there any individuals from neighboring towns or churches attending? Prayerfully work out what is the best travel arrangements for you and join us for this epic weekend!
12. Will this be a life changing event?
Yes it will! God desires His church to grow for He is a seeking God! He desires to do this through you to reach “everyone who believes” to Him. John 3:16